Many children diagnosed with autism often experience other developmental delays, such as delays in motor skills or speech. With the challenges parents face in not only getting their children to multiple therapy appointments, but also coordinating between multiple different service providers, Lighthouse Autism Center has sought to solve that problem by offering a comprehensive therapy solution. Now children who need it can receive both ABA services and speech therapy services for autism.
Speech Language Pathologists at Lighthouse Autism Center work with children to improve language development, social skills, cognitive skills and more.
Our Speech Therapy Services
Speech Language Pathologists at Lighthouse Autism Center are specifically trained in speech therapy for children with autism. They work on a wide range of skills including:
- Language development: This involves learning the words and nonverbal cues woven into how we communicate with one another.
- Social skills: Our pathologists work with each child — one on one — to build the connections needed to get along with other people.
- Cognitive skills: With our help, children with autism learn how to solve problems in a manner that will serve them well in other areas of their lives.
- Speech production, intelligibility and fluency: We assist those receiving therapy to become more capable of physically producing sounds — so they have less difficulty being understood.
- Swallowing disorders: In many cases, these issues may be connected to difficulties with speaking.
- Augmentative alternative communication (AAC): In certain instances, a child may be better served by using technology as an aid to communication, and we can facilitate this process.
Why Choose Lighthouse Autism Center?
As a leading provider of applied behavior analysis therapy for children diagnosed with autism, this is just part of the broad spectrum of services we offer. Choosing us to provide ABA and speech therapy for your child means he or she will receive comprehensive, cohesive care.
Our professionals will be able to collaborate on a curriculum that is tailor-made to your son or daughter’s precise needs. Because all services are provided in the same location, it also means greater convenience and less stress for you and your family.
If you’re a parent or guardian of a child with autism or a professional looking for speech language pathology jobs in Indiana, get in touch today to learn more.