Autism 101 Training
Lighthouse Autism Center offers free training to any local community organization or healthcare provider who is looking to better understand how to support and advocate for those with autism. Sessions are led by our highly trained and experienced team of BCBA’s and involves information on the signs of autism, characteristics of autism, and appropriate interactions and de-escalation techniques.
These trainings are tailored to specific organizations such as first responders, police departments, medical facilities, libraries, and more. Participants are invited to ask our clinical team about specific situations or questions and we offer a free autism resource kit with each presentation. This kit includes materials that may allow individuals on the spectrum to meet their sensory needs and aid in simple communication.
Autism Friendly Certification
Free online annual certification program through Lighthouse Autism Center
- A link will be provided with an expiration date.
- Window decal certification will be provided upon completion of 75% of staff.
- Q&A Follow-up session with LAC clinician is required after completion of training.
- More detailed/in-person training is available.
- The responsibility of annual renewal is on the receiving party.
What is covered
- High level overview of autism, signs of autism, and how to recognize those signs in individuals in the community.
- Online training is provided by a Master Level, Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- Advice for appropriate interactions and de-escalation techniques.
- Advice and suggestions for providing a more inclusive environment.
- Real-life examples
- Question and answer portion where participants are invited to ask our clinical team about specific situations.
Who should attend
- Anyone in the community who would benefit from a high-level overview of ASD.