A critical element for children with autism to gain independence is developing motor skills. Not only does this allow them to handle life’s daily tasks with more independence, but it also gives them the ability to participate in social activities.
At Lighthouse Autism Center, we provide occupational therapy for autism in conjunction with our applied behavior analysis (ABA) services. Our fully trained and certified therapists have the skills and knowledge to deliver comprehensive occupational therapy for kids with autism to help them meet their academic, social and emotional goals.
The therapies we provide build essential skills that children with an autism diagnosis need to become more independent and successful in their everyday lives. Our occupational therapists follow occupational therapy practice guidelines for individuals with autism spectrum disorder while providing assistance in a broad range of areas:
- Improving fine motor skills: We focus on handwriting, scissor skills and other activities children will need to excel at school.
- Improving gross motor skills: Our therapists help with hand-eye coordination, jumping and other similar skills.
- Increasing independence with daily living skills: We focus on assisting kids with their ability to dress themselves, brush their teeth and other elements of their daily routines.
- Exploring/addressing sensory needs: Many children with autism experience difficulty because they become overwhelmed with sensory stimuli. Our therapies give them the ability to manage this with greater success.
- Progressing visual perceptual/motor skills: Whether it’s putting together puzzles or learning how to copy letters and numbers, we help children combine their motor skills and problem-solving skills to greater effect.
- Further engagement in play: Playing is one of the most powerful ways to help kids with an autism diagnosis develop their abilities.
- Managing self-regulation strategies: With our expertise, kids diagnosed with autism can learn how to calm themselves and stay focused.
Why Choose Lighthouse Autism Center?
When your family decides to receive occupational therapy treatment for autism with us as part of our ABA services, you will give your child a better chance at success. Combining ABA and occupational therapy at a single location means our professionals can collaborate to develop a plan that will provide the greatest benefit. It also means more convenience and less stress for you and your family.
To learn more about the comprehensive services we have to offer, contact us today.